2022 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 maximum towing capacity reaches 13,000 pounds. Granted, to reach those numbers, you must equip the available 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel engine, choose the Double Cab 4WD model, and add on the Max Trailering Package and 20-inch wheels. This technically makes it a light-duty pickup option in the half-ton category for Spring Hill drivers who are looking for superior capabilities on the job. Check out the details of how you can achieve the higher towing capacities from the GMC Sierra and just how much can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow across its configurations. We’ll also cover the GMC Sierra 1500 payload capacity with Buick GMC Brooksville!
How Much Can a 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
The Sierra 1500 can handle up to 13,000 pounds with the 4WD Crew Cab, Short or Standard Bed, 3.0L Duramax Turbo diesel engine, and Max Trailering Package. It’s important when you are looking for your ideal truck to note that there are a wide array of styles, features, and sizes, all of which affect towing capability. Inverness drivers should be aware of what can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow when equipped with the optimal features for trailering:
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options for This Towing Capacity: 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel Engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab
- Wheel Style: 20-inch (downgrading to 18” wheels with all else the same will still decrease GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity by 1,300 lbs)
What can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow with these weights? Well, a significant amount. No matter if you are headed to the job site in Hernando Beach, or you are getting ready to take your boat to the lake, the Sierra 1500 has the power and capability to handle your next adventure.
How Much Weight Can the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Carry?
What about the GMC Sierra 1500 payload capacity? Well, the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 payload capacity varies by the engine you choose. So check out the specs below:
2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Payload Capacity by Engine:
- 5.3L EcoTec®3 V8Maximum Payload: 2,180 pounds
- 2.7L Turbo High-Output Maximum Payload: 2,280 pounds
- 6.2L EcoTec®3 V8Maximum Payload: 5,420 pounds
- Duramax 3.0L Turbo Diesel Maximum Payload: 1,830 pounds
How Much Weight Can A GMC Sierra 1500 Carry: Tow Packages
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 13,000-pound GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity. It equips your Sierra with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
What is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System gives you access to innovative towing technology utilizing high-resolution cameras, the infotainment display, and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Hernando Beach easier than ever. Highlights include:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re by yourself, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 at Buick GMC Brooksville
You know how much a GMC Sierra 1500 can tow, what the GMC Sierra 1500 can tow, and how much weight a GMC Sierra 1500 can carry. Now, contact us today and set up a test drive and explore the new Sierra 1500 inventory! Learn more before your visit when you explore our car buying tips, and be sure to take a look at our new vehicle specials. If you’re interested in getting the financing process started from home in Hernando Beach, you can also apply online to get pre-qualified.
More from Buick GMC Brooksville
That’s right, ladies and gentlemen: Hummers are now fully electric. Take a moment to learn about the astonishing power of the 2022 GMC Hummer EV specs, as well as the fantastic 2022 GMC Hummer SUV EV range and 2022 GMC Hummer Truck EV range. Then, apply for financing and contact Buick GMC Brooksville to learn about…
The future is electric, and Buick gave us a peek into that future when it unveiled its Buick Wildcat EV concept car. The Buick Wildcat EV takes automotive design into some new directions and will influence the style of Buick cars going forward. What is its relationship to the upcoming Buick Electra? When can…
Did you know that there are 8 impressive 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 trim levels to choose from? That should be enough options to please even the most discerning Brooksville driver. But how much does a GMC Sierra 1500 cost? We list each of the GMC 1500 configurations below and their highlights. We also list…